Saturday, November 13, 2010

OWH Veterans Day Bloghop!

Happy Veteran's Day weekend everyone! :) Veteran's Day has to be one of my favorite holidays! So I figured why not participate in this blog hop!

And on that note: I am participating in my very first bloghop! I am so happy that OWH is having a special blog hop on Veterans Day Weekend!!! :) The theme is VALENTINES! Awww how sweet right?

Before we get to all the fun stuff, lets take care of business. If you have the time, please vote at Joanns - http://www.joann.com/CraftForaCause for OWH. :) It helps with much needed shipping costs. We all know it gets rather expensive! Currently the deadline for Christmas cards has passed, so lets get to moving on to the upcoming holiday of VALENTINES DAY!!! The deadline for Valentines Day cards to be sent to the shippers is NO LATER THAN January 7th of 2011! So get to crackin!

If you are following along in the OWH Blog hop, you should have followed me from Patti at

what are you inking?, If not, you can start from the beginning of this wonderful bloghop at : Homefront at Homefront Blog . So now on to the fun stuff!! :)


Here is one of my MANY Valentine's Day cards:

If you are a first time reader of my blog, then you must know about me that I am a HUGE Bombshell Stamps fan. :) My SU demo Lena makes fun of me because I typically use my bombshells on pretty much every single card I make. They also make PERFECT Valentine's Day cards... Especially for men.

She is stamped on watercolor paper, and colored with Prismacolor (light peach), and SU Poppy Parade, and accented with Black Bic Mark-its. The Gold Ribbon I hijacked out of my SU Demo's random stash of ribbon.

Thanks for joining in on the fun. Next lovely cardmaker on the blog hop is Velda at 

Old Stamper. She has some fun things in store for you! Enjoy your Veteran's Day Weekend, and thank a former or current military member. Tell them how thankful you are for your freedom :)


29 comments:

MelissaS said...

what a great retro-looking card! Love it!

Heather Grow said...

I think you are right, some serviceman will love receiving your card. Have a great weekend.

Shirley G said...

not only will a serviceman love receiving your card, they just might want it to keep for themselves.
Great talent

Unknown said...

Oh LaLa!! great card for a great cause!!

Janet said...

Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Sharon Huffman said...

Woohoo that is sooooo coool! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa said...

I *love* your card!!! I have to *giggle* because I agree with Shirley G - they may just want keep it for themselves ;) TFS! I so have to get one of the stamps!

Joanne Travis said...

What a fun and fabulous pinup image! So nostalgic.

Unknown said...

Pinup doll. Reminds me of picks I've seen from the old days. Not that I'm that young. LOL. Love the card!

Cleota said...

Super sexy card! Great pinup!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card for the soldiers. TFS.

Doris T. said...

Va-va-voom! Love your card :)

Yvonne said...

What a great card for our Heroes! I think they are going to like this one a LOT!

helloholley said...

wowza.....love this ....I never heard of these stamps before....they're great!!! ;)

Velda said...

Thanks for the neat card. I love to see a variety.

Unknown said...

Neat vintage look and colors. Thanks for joining in the blog hop.

Attegirl said...

I love your card.... such a cool retro gal!

Cheryl said...

This is certainly a Different card. I'm sure it will be faught over when the HERO's receive it.

Paula S. said...

Fun vintage image! Sure to get some grins... wouldn't be surprise if she never gets sent anywhere and just stays where she arrives as an old-fashioned "pin-up" girl.

Just Me said...

I like the old fashioned look of the card. She will turn a few heads.

Patrice Herrera said...

Wow I'm going to have to look up Bombshell stamps Wow that card is fantastic. CUTE!!!

Lisa said...

What a fun card - love the vintage look!

Operation Write Home said...

Great retro-vintage card, it's gorgeous!

Samantha said...

Your bombshell will def. be a hit with the men! Loving it!!

Dixie Cochran said...

EMILY!!! Trust you to find a bombshell for the blog hop!! Terrific! Thanks for hopping with us!!

Anonymous said...

oo la la--now *that's* a Valentine vixen!

Lena95469 said...

I dont make fun of you but that poor bombshell girl gets around alot!!! I love all your cards no matter what image you use.

Hetty said...

Very fab, this card of yours. A little naughty, but nice!

Missy said...

It took a little bit to find your card but it was great to see all the others.
What a bombshell of a valentine.

Post a Comment