Tuesday, March 1, 2011

With Love, from Leah for Cort!

I have met so many amazing people this past weekend. One of them being this wonderful woman named Leah. She is incredibly talented. I adore her so much! She wrote this on facebook the other night, and I asked her for permission to post it on my blog. So for your enjoyment... Here it is :) Love you Leah!




Cortney was strong, beautiful, talented and open. She was a superstar who will always be with us in spirit. She was a confidant who you could always depend on. Yesterday I attended her wake and it felt so odd. It was like going to a birthday party without the birthday girl. As if she was going to show up any minute, but never did. I wrote this poem after attending the service and visiting with her family and friends that I am proud to call my own (until 2 in the morning). Whether you knew Cort your whole life or only a few minutes, no doubt you could see what a wonderful person she was.


When I look around I see people who loved and were loved by her. I see faces full of strength just like her, but unknown it seems to many of them.

I see beauty in every person radiating out with the love and respect of a mutual friend. Yet many have voiced disbelief of their own beauty.

Her talents were limitless because of the faith in herself. That isn't often the case with me though I wish it to be.

It takes a gifted heart to be open for a world of different yet equally loving hearts. She had this gift and shared it everyday. It is a gift that beats inside the chest of everyone, but how scared some of us are to share it with strangers. It is a loss to the world when we do.

All of have the same strength she eagerly shared, we just have to exercise it more often.
All of us are beautiful when we smile wide and share our voice with the world. We simply must remember and remind each other often enough until we believe it.

All of us can be just as open as her if we will only take the chance each and every day.


My wish is that you will find all these qualities and forever let them shine. If you are hiding, then it's time to step out and show the world what it really means to be strong, beautiful, talented and open.

We may have lost one friend, but we can take this opportunity to make new ones and continue on with the spirit that Cortney was and will no doubt continue through her two beautiful children.



Thank you Superstar. Love you. Mean it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, thanks Emily. I am so happy to have met you also! I can't wait to see your card and send you one of mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment