Wednesday, December 29, 2010

You're FINtastic!!!

So today, my bestie, Lena over at Scrapbutterfly, and I were sharing ideas with each other on Facebook, and I told her I need to try to make different styles of cards, or techniques. So with this card, I did the Vertical Easel Card.

To make a Vertical Easel card, you need to start out with a 4 1/4" by 11" piece of cardstock, and score at 5 1/2" and 8 1/4". Your card front piece will measure at 4 1/4" by 5 1/2"

Paper is from Recollections Cape Cod collection. There are bubbles that hand drawn are from a page of used pop dots. :) Creative eh? I just move the sheet in random places all over the page. I used the {ippity} fish stampset again!! duh right? But I used the sentiment FINtastic... I just handwrote the You're part. :) You cant really see them, but near the fish's mouth there are some recollections bubble stickers :) The ground is from a MS punch, that I used tan paper, and took 3 shades of Bic Markits to make the "sand".

I made this card for OWH mini challenge.... ANYTHING BUT PINK. I like this challenge because I DONT like pink at all.... But I was looking at my cards, and I use PINK a lot. hmmm.

Hope you enjoy! :)

3 comments:

Paula S. said...

Adorable card! Love the sentiment and the color combo is (not pink :) and absolutely perfect for the image.

Rachael said...

Em, I enjoyed this technique very much. I didn't make a complete card (yet) but I made the base just so I could figure out the general idea. It's such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing! :)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Emily this is totally cute! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Operation Write Home!

Post a Comment